Senior Counsel – A3Ventures
Product/Service Launch and Operation – counseling business teams on product development, including identifying and advising on legal and regulatory (including privacy) matters. Drafting terms/conditions, privacy policies and reviewing for regulatory compliance.
Marketing – Review and advise on marketing/advertising/promotions in connection with products and services
Commercial Transactions – leading complex commercial and licensing deals, including drafting and negotiating terms. Management of Commercial Counsel.
Other: Assist with a wide range of projects as needed, including legal research, advice and counsel.
- Provides advice and counsel on legal issues impacting the Company’s operations and business.
- Researches, analyzes and advises on proposed and existing legislation and regulations for impact on the Company and its customers/employees.
- Engages and manages outside counsel within area of responsibility in a cost-effective manner.
- Drafts, reviews, advises and negotiates contracts, policies, procedures and other legal documents with a higher degree of complexity.
- Monitors and directs outside counsel representing Company in litigation including planning and discussing strategy, reviewing drafts of pleadings and other legal documents. Negotiates directly with third party claimants to resolve disputes without litigation.
- Handles administrative proceedings before state and/or federal agencies. Interacts with federal and state regulators.
- Responds to customer/employee complaints.
- Initiates and leads cross-divisional and enterprise projects. Interacts and influences business to help drive business results.
- Performs special projects (substantive, administrative and practice management) for the legal department, including those involving a higher degree of complexity, business impact or financial or personnel resources.
- Develops and/or conducts training programs for supervisors, managers and/or employees.
- Substantial knowledge of current law and issues within area of specialty
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an organized, effective and timely manner
- Computer skills, MS Office, online research tools such as WESTLAW
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- BA/BS – Bachelor’s degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- J.D. from accredited law school
- MBA from accredited college/university preferred
- California State Bar license in good standing
- 8+ years’ experience advising clients in a law firm or an in-house law department, including advising on complex legal matters
- Ability to engage colleagues from a business as well as a legal perspective.
- Self-starter who will use each project as an opportunity to acquire new expertise.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, business partners and senior management.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Quality Orientation (Expert)
Judgment (Expert )
Strategic Mindset (Proficient)
Business Acumen and Fiscal Responsibility (Proficient)
Drive and Initiative (Proficient)