Home Maintenance Technician – House Manager
Located in Berkeley, A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. We develop and launch new products and services that help people thrive in our rapidly changing world and our currently seeking Home Maintenance Technicians to join our rapidly growing House Manager team.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with clients.
- Assess the maintenance needs to a wide variety of single-family homes, troubleshoot issues relating to minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, appliances, systems and carpentry.
- Catalog a variety of systems, take photos where relevant.
- Enable efficient use of time to minimize non-billable hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous license in a construction trade preferred
- Basic understanding and hands-on familiarity with a wide range of residential plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in professional use of written and verbal English
- Comfortable with electronic resources
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be able to work in an indoor/outdoor environment where seasonal temperature changes can range from freezing to extreme heat
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in residential construction, building, maintenance, home inspection or estate management